Value of IFMA
IFMA membership has the power to accelerate your career
IFMA’s 40+ years of knowledge and expertise enables, empowers and equips FMs to solve challenges today and in the future. IFMA helps you advance personally and professionally through career development, learning, networking opportunities and leadership skills - and the world's best FM events. Professional, associate, young professional, student and retired professional members receive the full membership benefits listed below. Discovery members receive limited benefits.
Propel your career forward, find better solutions faster, keep pace with the changing industry and bring additional value to your organization with IFMA's programs and services.
Full member opportunities include:
Discounts on the CFM®, SFP® and FMP® credentials.
IFMA's FMJ was written by FMs, for FMs. Full members save $36 on an annual print subscription. Members can access the online version for free.*
The online FM Buyer’s Guide assists members with making purchasing decisions.*
The Member Benefit of the Month as shared in The Wire for Full Members. Past benefits include free webinars and training discounts. Discovery Members receive a Quarterly Benefit.*
Job Connections group on Engage, the member discussion forum.
- Resources on JOBnet, including career coaching, resume tips, interview prep and the most active FM job board on the web. Members receive discounts on job postings.
IFMA's educational offerings help facility professionals from all backgrounds and experience levels develop the skills they need for career advancement.
Full member training benefits include:
- Member rates for training on fm.training and a free quarterly on-demand training video.
- The new IFMA Knowledge Library includes hundreds of valuable articles, reports, case studies and research. The library is 100% free for full members.*
- The first module in the Essentials of Facilities Management for free, available in English, Chinese and Spanish (Latin America).*
- Member pricing on IFMA's Self-Assessment Tool. The tool will identify your strengths and weakness across the FM knowledge base so that you have a clear understanding of your knowledge gaps and which courses you need to build a tailored training plan.
- Specialized training from the most respected thought-leaders in cleaning operations, data governance, furniture and more. Full Members get discounts on partner training opportunities.
- Learn about emerging topics, best practices and expert opinions by attending IFMA webinars, or catch up on old sessions on YouTube. *
- Special pricing for group and corporate training for two or more individuals.*
- The Career Compass survey assesses your years of FM experience, whether you need training for more than one person, and more.*
- High-impact research and invaluable benchmarking data. Members receive discounts on reports and select executive summaries for free in the IFMA bookstore.
With your IFMA membership, you will make the connections and build the relationships needed for a successful career in facility management.
Take advantage of these full member opportunities:
- Get answers and share resources with other FM professionals on the member-only Engage Forum.
- Build relationships by joining a local chapter.
- Join members who practice in your industry sector or facility type by joining an industry council.
- Connect with members who share your interest in specific topics by joining a community of practice.
- Connect with other members at the largest networking events hosted by IFMA.
- Increase your exposure by advertising, exhibiting or sponsoring IFMA.
- Connect with FM Consultants Council members who provide guidance and solutions.
- Find a member in the IFMA Member Directory.
- Support the IFMA Foundation, which works to promote education for the profession around the world and offers academic scholarships.
- Find assistance in the IFMA Fellow Directory.
Make a lasting impact on IFMA and the facilities management profession by taking advantage of an IFMA leadership opportunity.
Full members engage by:
- Submitting to the Knowledge Library and becoming a content expert.*
- Participating in World FM Day, the second Wednesday of May.
- Adding your profile to IFMA's Speaker Directory, so members can connect with you when looking for the perfect candidate for facility management events, meetings and conferences.
- Assisting with relevant educational programming by reviewing speaker proposals and providing input on topics.
- Submitting an article to FMJ, IFMA's official magazine written by FMs, for FMs.*
- Viewing open calls for presentations and submitting to an event.*
- Making a difference in the industry through FM standards and advocacy efforts.*
- Becoming involved in local chapters and communities and advancing to leadership positions.
- Contributing to IFMA Awards of Excellence program or being recognized by peers for your leadership.
IFMA Events are designed for FM professionals of every career level and will help you develop personal and professional skills.
Full members receive discounts on registration to the following events:
- IFMA’s World Workplace® is the original educational and networking event for facility management.
- Facility Fusion is the FM leadership event of the year.
- World Workplace Europe® facilitates idea-sharing and knowledge-exchange between professionals.
- World Workplace Asia-Pacific offers top-notch FM education, distinguished keynotes and cutting-edge technologies.
- IFMA Global Events include IFMA Global China, IFMA Global India and IFMA Global LATAM.
- Connect with IFMA’s local chapters, industry councils and communities of practice to find even more events. View a list of upcoming events.