Brought to you by
Know Before You Go
Important event details to prepare you for World Workplace Europe 2023
We can't wait to greet you all on 22-23 March at The Schiecentrale in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Here's what you need to know to get ready for your conference experience at World Workplace Europe 2023. In this Know Before You Go we'll cover:
What to prepare and pack
What to do when you arrive
LET's GET you READY FOR world workplace europe
What to prepare and pack
Get an idea of what you'd like to do, set your learning goals and make a list of who you'd like to meet.
Plan your event agenda
- Check out the schedule-at-a-glance to plan your time.
- Log into the Attendee Hub with your name and e-mail address to view all sessions available, update your profile and connect with other conference attendees. You may be prompted to do a 2-step authentication to finish logging in. View video below to see a tutorial on how to navigate your Attendee Hub, update your profile, turn visibility on for networking and more!
What to pack
- Business casual attire: March temperatures in Rotterdam average between 2-10°C (36-50°F).
share that you're attending
Build your network
Start connecting with others beforehand and see who else is attending World Workplace Europe. Share the I'm Attending graphic on your social media, use #worldworkplaceeurope and tag @IFMA @FMN @EUROFMAlso, check out the World Workplace Europe Marketing Guide + Toolkit for additional logos, banners, social media banners and more! These templates make it easy to promote your participation whether you're an attendee, speaker, partner or exhibitor.
you've arrived! What's next?
What to do when you arrive
Plan out your transportation and head to check-in.
Plan your transportation
- Sint-Jobsweg 116, 3024 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- The Schiecentrale is easily and quickly accessible, both by car and by public transport. Want to go into town? You can reach the center of Rotterdam within a few minutes by car or bicycle.
- In the parking garage there is a passage to the Schiecentrale on the second floor. Exit the second floor door and then left around the building for the entrance.
- This entrance can also be used for guests with walking difficulties. Next to Albert Heijn (AH) you will find an elevator in the parking garage to the second floor.
The Schiecentrale is ideally located in relation to the A15 (Rotterdam – Rozenburg), A16 (Rotterdam – Dordrecht – Breda) and the A20 (Gouda – Rotterdam – Maasdijk). There are plenty of parking facilities at the Schiecentrale.
You can park your car in the adjacent Q-park Schiecentrale. €0.50 per 15 minutes or part thereof with a maximum daily rate of €17.00. You can book your parking space in advance via the Q-Park website or call the national number: 088 329 51 00.
Tram 8 departs every 15 minutes from Rotterdam Central Station to the location: stop Pieter de Hoochweg. Travel time from the station is 13 minutes. From the stop it is a 1-minute walk to the Schiecentrale.
Coolhaven metro station – with a direct connection to Schiedam Centrum train station – is a 10-minute walk from the Schiecentrale. Ideal for when your guests travel via Amsterdam, The Hague or Delft.
The water taxi – stop Mullerpier / Sint-Jobshaven – is a super fast and spectacular alternative. During opening and closing of the event we will have special free water taxis available for you.
The taxi can’t be reserved, but will make constant trips between three taxistops. A trip will take 10 minutes. Each taxi can transport up to 12 people.
22 March between 08.00-09.30 from Leuvehaven and Wilhelminapier to the Schiecentrale
23 March between 08.00-09.00 from Leuvehaven and Wilhelminapier to the Schiecentrale
22 / 23 March between 17.00-18.00 from the Schiecentrale to Leuvehavan and Wilhelminapier
The stops are:
Watertaxi stop 47
- Center of Rotterdam
- Inntell Hotel
- Mainport Hotel
Watertaxi stop 44
- Hotel New York
Watertaxi stop 69
- St. Jobshaven
Go to https://www.watertaxirotterdam.nl/steigerlocaties for the exact location of the stops.
Public transport bicycles are available at Rotterdam Central Station. The cycling time is 15 minutes.
- Registration is located right inside of the main front entrance.
- Registration Hours:
- 22 March I 8:30 - 17:00
- 23 March I 8:30 - 16:00
- Self-check-in: Preregistered attendees may proceed directly to a self-service kiosk in the registration area, enter full name and email used during registration and print your event badge.
Stay in the know
Download Cvent Events - the official conference mobile app
Use this mobile app during World Workplace Europe to:
- View maps and conference schedule
- Network with conference attendees
- Receive important event notifications
To log in:
- Dowload Cvent Events mobile app
- Search for World Workplace Europe
- Download the event
- Go to Profile to log in and enter your name and email address
- You may be prompted to do a 2-step authentication in order to complete login
- Note: Make sure your profile is visible for networking by going to Profile > View profile > Edit > Visibility Settings > click Visible > Save
Still need help? Download the Attendee Hub Event App Guide
during World Workplace Europe, Add these to your checklist
Check out these conference and networking activities
Make the most of your experience while you're there
- Opening Keynote - Happiness at Work presented by Jon Kjær Nielsen [22 March, 9:00-10:30]
- Closing Keynote (Day 1) - Sex, Drugs and Smart Technology presented by Elizabeth C. Nelson: [22 March, 16:00-17:00]
- Closing Keynote (Day 2) - The New Now presented by Elke Geraerts: [23 March, 16:00-17:00]
- Partner Roundtables - Learn best practices and hear about the latest trends in the industry from top-notch thought leaders. Engage with other FM professionals in person at the conference at these lively roundtable discussions.
- Welcome Reception: [21 March, 16:30-18:00] Kick off the conference and meet other attendees with drinks and light bites. World Workplace Europe Partner, Nuvolo, invites all attendees to have a free welcome drink and bite at Bar-restaurant Prachtig, located in the beating heart of Rotterdam. RSVP →
- Networking Luncheons: [22 & 23 March, 13:00-14:00] - Join other colleagues and FM professionals and connect during lunch at World Workplace Europe.
- Charity Dinner: [22 March, 17:30-19:30] - Support the next generation of FMS. Join IFMA, FMN and EuroFM in giving back to the community and the industry. Enjoy luxury bites, a delicious three-course meal, entertainment, an inspiring keynote address, live music and networking with colleagues. Proceeds will benefit the IFMA Foundation and grant a European FM student scholarship. Additional ticket required. Contact email@example.com to purchase your ticket.
- Official Wrap-up Party: [23 March, 17:00-22:00] - Immediately after the Closing Keynote, attend the Official Party to wrap up your World Workplace Europe 2023 experience.
- Connect via the Cvent mobile app: Log into the Cvent Events mobile app (see instructions above) and link up with conference attendees. Set up your profile and make sure to turn visibility on for your profile under Profile -> Visibility Settings.
- Networking + Coffee Breaks: Grab some coffee and get to know other conference attendees and connect with other facility management professionals during networking breaks. These breaks provide an excellent opportunity to build relationships with fellow industry leaders.
Enhance your conference experience with these add-on features
- Facility Tours: Get an up-close facility tour of Rotterdam's amazing and unique facilities.
- De Gebouwengids: [21 March, 14:00]
De Gebouwengids was founded in 2002 and has now existed for 20 years. Take a boat tour, specifically dedicated to World Workplace Europe participants to seesome of the most iconic architecture and urban planning of Rotterdam. During the boat trip, guides will discuss the development of the city, repurposing of buildings and sustainability in detail. Facility tour: €69 per person excluding VAT
- Rotterdam Port: [21 March, Depart at 9:45, Return at 15:00]
Experience world trade up close in the port of Rotterdam, which has the most modern and safest container terminal in Europe. Incredibly impressive to see up close!
In FutureLand you can experience the development of Rotterdam's newest port area with your own eyes. Maasvlakte 2 not only shows you the most modern container terminals and largest seagoing vessels in the world, but you can also see the latest offshore developments. Learn about Rotterdam's role in digitization and the development of promising forms of new energy. Facility tour: €99 per person excluding VAT. Lunch is included.
- De Gebouwengids: [21 March, 14:00]
- Charity Dinner: [22 March, 18:30-22:00]
Support the next generation of FMS. Join IFMA, FMN and EuroFM in giving back to the community and the industry. Enjoy luxury bites, a delicious three-course meal, entertainment, an inspiring keynote address, live music and networking with colleagues. Proceeds will benefit the IFMA Foundation and grant a European FM student scholarship.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add your facility tour or charity dinner tickets.
join the conversation
Share your experience
We love to see testimonials from our attendees and you may even be featured in our upcoming social media posts.
Make sure to use #worldworkplaceeurope and tag @IFMA @FMN @EUROFM on social media to share your pictures and stories!